Typical Job Shadow/Career Exploration Experience
The Job Shadow/Career Exploration program can be held in person or virtually. Alumni and parents can connect with students in person for lunch or a full- or half-day session at the workplace, or via Zoom (or other video chat platform) for a 30-45-minute meeting.
Some topics to consider discussing include:
- The classes and activities you pursued at Fairfield to prepare for your career
- Your career path since graduating from Fairfield
- Provide information about your organization and your role
- Introduce Fairfield alumni and other employees that work at your organization
- Discuss potential career paths within the organization and the industry
- Share information about future opportunities and hiring trends
- Ask the student about their major, plans, and offer to review their resume
- Assign a brief project relevant to their career interests or major
- Schedule time for Q&A at the end of the call or meeting and offer an opportunity for future discussions.