Prior to Job Shadow/Career Exploration…
- Students are expected to participate in the program. If, for any reason, you cannot participate after being matched, notify the Career Center at email@example.com immediately so we can match another student.
- After you receive your match, contact the alumni or parent mentor immediately to schedule a convenient job shadow date.
- Research the organization and prepare a list of questions to ask the alumni host.
- Update your resume and make copies to share with your match.
- Be sure to respond to all correspondence from your match and the Career Center in a timely manner.
During Job Shadow/Career Exploration…
- Bring a padfolio with a notebook, pen, and copies of your resume.
- Dress and speak professionally.
- Be on time (or 5 minutes early).
- Actively listen, learn, ask relevant questions, and take notes.
- Ask for contact information so you can follow up with the alumni/parent mentor.
After the Job Shadow/Career Exploration Conversation…
- Send thank you notes to your alumni/parent host(s). Immediately after your meeting send a thank you via e-mail, then follow up with a written note.
- Follow up on any action items that you discussed with your match.
- E-mail photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, e-mail the Career Center at email@example.com.