There is a mandatory Orientation session
Prior to the Job Shadow…
- If students are matched, they are expected to participate in the program. If, for any reason, students cannot participate after being matched, notify the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can match another student.
- Contact the alumni mentor to schedule a convenient job shadow date.
- Research the organization and prepare a list of questions to ask the alumni host.
- Be sure to respond to all correspondence from the alumni mentor in a timely manner.
During the Job Shadow…
- Have a padfolio with a notebook, pen, and copies of your resume.
- Dress and speak professionally.
- Be on time (or 5 minutes early).
- Actively listen, learn, ask relevant questions, and take notes.
- Ask for contact information so you can follow up with the alumni/parent mentor.
After the Job Shadow day…
- Send thank you notes to your alumni host(s).
- E-mail photos to email@example.com so we can create an online album.
For more information, e-mail the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.